Acne is a hormonal skin condition. Acne is created when hormones instruct oil glands to make new oil. this oil is called sebum. Sebum clogs hair follicles and pimples arise. These are mostly on the face and the back. They are also seen on the chest. Acne can spread when the pimples are popped. There are millions of people who get acne every year. Teenagers seem to be more effected by acne then adults. This is because of the overabundance of hormones that are in their growing bodies. Acne can be mild to very severe. Thankfully severe acne like acne conglobata is not as common as mild forms.
Forms of Acne
Acne is a skin condition that results in pimples and blackheads. There are different ranges of acne from mild to severe. These also can look different depending on what kind of acne it is.
- One is called Comedones. These are blackheads and whiteheads.
- Then there is a lesion which is acne that comes in patches.
- Papules are dry and have no pus.
- The ones that have pus in them are called pustules. They are usually close to the hairline.
- Nodules are the most painful. They are like lesions except they are hard.
- There are also cyst. These a pus filled, hard and look like capsules.
Squeeze That Zit!
NO – STOP
Acne is a condition of the skin. It is caused when you have too much oil in your skin and it clogs your hair follicles. These can also be caused by bacteria in your pores. Acne can be mild or it can be severe and can become a real problem. You can get acne on your face, your back and some even get it on their chest and legs. There are a lot of people that think that if they squeeze the zit and pop out the pus then it will help cure their acne. Actually all that this does is make your acne worse. When you pop the zit it will only spread the bacteria to other spots.
Can Stress Cause Acne?
We have all had acne at one time or another in our life unless you were really lucky. Some of us had mild cases and some more severe. There are a lot of causes for acne but one of these is stress. Yes, stress does cause acne. There are glands in your body called adrenal glands. They say that stress will cause these glands to make more oil which therefore causes more acne. Teenagers or even older adults who suffer from acne will notice that they have more breakouts when they are overly stressed. The best thing that a person can do who suffers from acne is try to lesson the stress they are dealing with.
The Worst Things To Do For Your Acne
1. Don’t ever use drying products – Alcohol based astringents can actually make your acne worse, they dehydrate the acne prone skin which then tries to ‘compensate’ by producing even more oil.
2. Do Not Pick Your Skin – No matter how temping it is to squeeze that zit. It can prolong the infection and cause permanent scarring.
3. Do Not Scrub Your Skin Too Hard – Scrubbing too hard can spread the infection. Be gentle.
4. Acne Cosmetica is the term used for acne that is caused by using oily makeups that clog the pores of your skin. Stay away from greasy cosmetics.
5. Avoid products that have almond or apricot shell fragments – they irritate and even tear the skin which will further aggrevate your acne.